Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all in-person training programs have been postponed to dates yet to be determined, but you may wish to register for one or more of the following:
COURSE DESCRIPTION: The stress associated with law enforcement and other emergency services professions is enormous. Individuals working in these most stressful occupations also face the probability that at some point in their career they will also be affected by some type of traumatic or critical incident stress. This 4-hour workshop will provide first responders and/or their family members the information necessary to recognize the signs and symptoms of job-related stress, especially as it relates to suicide, and also provide them with strategies that will enable them to provide immediate support for individuals who may be considering suicide. Certificates are available.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER: Chaplain David R. Edwards is the president of Humanizing the Badge’s nonprofit organization and leads the team of peer support personnel for Humanizing the Badge. He is an ordained minister, licensed social worker, and holds board certifications as a pastoral counselor and crisis response chaplain. He is an approved instructor the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation and member of the International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- How long is the class? A: This is a 4-hour workshop, but the length of training can be tailored to fit the needs of your department/agency.
- Who should attend? A: All emergency services personnel would benefit from attending this class.
- How much does it cost? A: The class itself is FREE but help with travel expenses is appreciated. You will receive an estimate of those expenses to help you plan for the training. Invoices will be provided when needed.
- Is there a minimum/maximum size? A: At least 12-15 attendees is best, with the maximum dictated by the size of the room.
- How do we schedule, promote, and fill a class? A: You will coordinate the schedule and set up a registration system with the trainer.
You can also download a PRINTABLE INFORMATION SHEET.