Certificate and Introduction/Refresher Courses
Law Enforcement Perspectives for CISM Enhancement, March 22-23, 2023. Learn how to work with law enforcement personnel and break through the "blue wall" of silence. Special Zoom pricing is only $150!! To register, CLICK HERE.
Pastoral Crisis Intervention, June 21-22, 2023. Learn how to combine the principles of psychological first aid with spiritual crisis intervention. Special Zoom pricing is only $150!! To register, CLICK HERE.
GRIN (Group and Individual Crisis Intervention), August 22-24, 2023. Two ICISF courses combined into one 3-day course! Special Zoom pricing is only $225!! To register, CLICK HERE.
Advanced Assisting Individuals in Crisis, November 8-9, 2023. The logical continuation of the Assisting Individuals in Crisis course, which is a prerequisite for enrollment in the advanced course. Special Zoom pricing is only $150!! To register, CLICK HERE.
Obtain a certificate of completion in courses from the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation, or keep your Critical Incident Stress Management skills sharp or receive an introduction to CISM techniques with these LIVE virtual training sessions via Zoom! Each session will be conducted by David R. Edwards, PhD, CCISM, CTSS* – an Approved Instructor for the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation as well as a Certified Trauma Services Specialist. List of topics are included below:
CRITICAL INCIDENT STRESS MANAGEMENT TRAINING*
- Assisting Individuals in Crisis*
- Advanced Assisting Individuals in Crisis Group Crisis Intervention*
- Law Enforcement Perspectives for CISM Enhancement
- Pastoral Crisis Intervention
- Resilient Leadership for Emergency Services and Healthcare Professions
- The Secrets of Psychological Body Armor: Holistic Wellness for Emergency Personnel
*This training is the ONLY training that meets the requirements of MCL 333.20981 to provide for confidentiality of communications between emergency services personnel and members of a peer support or critical incident stress management team. These courses are © International Critical Incident Stress Foundation
TRAINING PROGRAMS FOR COMMAND STAFF
- Introduction to Critical Incident Stress Management for Agency Leaders
- Leading in a Culture of Wellness
- Suicide Awareness and Prevention for Command Staff
TRAINING PROGRAMS FOR ALL PERSONNEL
- Breaking the Stigma of Mental Wellness in Emergency Services
- Character Matters: Building Resilience through Personal Integrity
- Confronting the Issue of Suicide in Emergency Services
- First Responder Chaplain Basic Training
- First Responder Stress: A Family Affair
- Perception Matters: Becoming a Resilient Responder
- Suicide Awareness and Prevention (Call for Backup®)
- When Helping Them is Hurting You
- When Tension Becomes Toxic
CISM INTRODUCTION AND REFRESHER TRAINING
- Breaking Down the Six Core Elements of CISM
- Differentiating Between Distress and Dysfunction
- Overview of Strategic Planning in Crisis Intervention
- Practical Application of Informational Group Processes
- Practical Application of Interactive Group Processes
- Practical Application of the SAFER-R Model
- Self-Care Strategies for CISM Providers
- Why Every CISM Team Needs a Chaplain
SPECIALIZED PROGRAM: The Post Critical Incident Seminar (FREE)
All courses are registered with the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards. Continuing education credit for other professions may also be available. Inquire by completing the contact form.